Here are 7 reasons that you should not only have your system inspected, but inspected correctly:
1. Lives are at stake! Your fire alarm system will only operate properly if it is maintained as some impairments will not be obvious without testing!
2. To meet the requirements of your local building department, fire inspectors, and even your insurance carrier.
3. Your insurance carrier may reject your claim if you do not have proof of complete annual inspections.
4. To limit your liability for any potential injuries suffered by tenants, employees, or guests to your business or building.
5. To assure that the system does not create nuisance alarms that waste Fire Department resources. This could put others’ lives in jeopardy and many jurisdictions will charge the building owner for nuisance alarms. Hilton Head Island is in process of charging for such false alarms.
6. It is required by the National Fire Alarm Code! NFPA72 – IT’S THE LAW!
7. Proper inspections will reduce maintenance costs of your system by catching and correcting little issues before they become big issues. Want proof? Click here to see what a leading Hilton Head Property Manager has to say about inspections.