Custom Security would like to take this time to thank our Property Managers for the jobs they do that may be under-appreciated by anyone who isn’t completely aware of the long hours and the amount of responsibility placed on the shoulders of these very patient professionals.
Many times we have heard this comment from some of our Property Managers: “if only I could get my other venders to operate the way Custom Security does.” What kind of problems are we handling that makes our Property Managers so happy? We help them fix problems. Anything from a service call on a fire alarm going off in the middle of the night to a gate that isn’t working properly, we answer the phone and provide quick solutions. Building relationships with our Property Managers is key and we treat and respond to our Property Managers just like we would if a member of our own family called us with a problem.
We have heard some pretty extreme stories and would never want to deal with the things that Property Managers deal with on a daily basis.
Just to name a few:
- HOA Board member politics
- Phone calls that say, among a million other crazy things, “There’s dog poop in my yard and you need to make it stop!”
- Vendors who call the property managers back saying “it’s broken” with no recommendation on how to fix the problem, if they ever showed up at all.
- Decisions from the HOA made on price alone instead of quality.
- Poorly behaved tenants or trespassers throwing pool furniture in the pool, decorating the clubhouse facilities with toilet paper, ramming the gate because the code couldn’t be remembered, or jumping the fence to the pool at 2am.
And here are some ways Custom Security works with their Property Management partners to help solve problems:
- Fire alarms: doing quality annual inspections to catch problems early so they don’t turn into BIG problems
- Burglar Alarms: Protecting community facility’s from vandalism and break-ins
- Video Surveillance on pools and entrances to catch vandals in the act, when vandals are caught, Property Managers save the association money by charging the bandits for the damages.
- WE lease the gate equipment, access control, and cameral equipment. This lowers the initial costs to the community, and then we are able to provide maintenance and repairs so the Property Manager can focus on other things.
- Gate license plate capture: so the Property Manager can pass information to the police instead of becoming private investigators themselves
- Door access control: to keep neighboring communities from using amenities/facilities.
- Community Vehicular Gates: We assist with database changes on codes, directory telephone numbers, and transponders freeing up the Property Managers to help their residents.
- Compliance: Meet regulatory compliance issues with Fire and Life Safety solutions for multi-family residential and multi-unit commercial properties.
We love being a trusted vendor and partner to our hard working Property Managers. We respect and value what they do and we work hard for the trust they place in us so they can confidently focus on the bigger picture of managing their communities.